I set up this blog to share a picture a day for 365 days. My main drive was to force me to take photos daily to improve my overall output. I will be trying out new techniques, polishing up on my existing abilities, and sometimes just posting shots of my daily life.

Note this page is optimized for resolutions above 1280X1024. If you are looking at the site with a lower resolution some of the landscape orientation photos may be cut off. If you click on the photo itself it will take you to my Flickr site where you can view the photos at different sizes.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mar 19 - Waxing

Mar 19 - waxing 5

My wife suggested I go try tome shots of the night sky. There was a pretty cool waxing moon out tonight tso I thought I'd try these out. It was my first attempt at night sky shots. This was taken fairly close to my house from inside of a park with a little less light pollution than my neighborhood.

Two alternates up on Flickr
Stats:
Nikon D700
Nikkor 70-300 VR
140mm FL
f /5
Shutter 6 sec

3 comments: